Topband: Kenwood TS950SD and RF on 160m?

Neil Carr G0JHC g0jhc at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Nov 10 10:42:50 EST 2007

Any guys out there using a  Kenwood TS950S or  SD or  SDX on 160m?

I have a Kenwood TS950SD which has started to develop an intermittent fault.

Max Power output becomes erratic and drops off to around 20-30w.

Its only started happening since I've took up 160m and wonder if it could
 be an RF issue as a  simple processor re-set on pwr up brings the power
back to normal, for a few hrs/ days before it happens again.

 Anyone ever seen this sort of thing before due to RF before I consider
sending it away.

Thanks

Neil Carr G0JHC