Topband: 160-Meter Propagation Mysteries

Greg - ZL3IX zl3ix at inet.net.nz
Sat Nov 10 15:28:21 EST 2007

> Only on 160...one-way propagation, or just my luck...?!

Hi Eddy,

There are one or two members of this group who will contest the idea of
one way prop, but I am convinced that it does happen.  Even with Rx
noise levels and Tx power levels taken into account, there are sometimes
(quite often, in fact) differences that can only be explained by one way
propagation.

I'm not sure why the idea is so unacceptable to some.  We all learn
about total internal reflection in high school optics.  Radio waves can
also pass from a more dense medium into a less dense one, so why should
the phenomenon not occur there as well?

73, Greg, ZL3IX