Topband: One Way Propagation

GEORGE WALLNER gwallner at the-beach.net
Sun Nov 11 20:08:43 EST 2007

I have a vertical over salt water and a 1500W PA. Nearby
is Miami Beach, and I only have a low dipole for
receiving. EWE-s, K9Ay-s, and other vertically polarized
loops don't work here and there is no room for a Beverage.
Noise is S9+10 dB on the vertical. The low dipole is quiet
but it is somewhat deaf.

I send a CQ but I can not hear any replies. I get an
e-mail later: "heard you on 1825 S8, but you did not come
back to my call." One way propagation? More like one way
ability.

I bet that 99% of so called one way propagation is just
simply the other end not hearing you because of local
conditions and different RX and TX antennas.

George
AA7JV