Topband: 160-Meter Organic Antenna Supports

EP Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Fri Oct 26 16:16:44 EDT 2007

Good Afternoon All,

We've just returned from a very pleasant trip to Portland, Maine, where we celebrated my student son's birthday...

What an absolutely incredible "...160-meter friendly" place Maine is --- the State is practically overgrown with majestic oaks and pines, many of which (from my vantage point on the ground, anyway) easily reach 100' in height. Ideal for tree-supprted inverted "L" arrays,and the like!

Now, back to reality here in southern Ontario: I finally put away the lawn mower for the season, and laid out the ground radials for the 3 "L's" at my QTH...they may not be "majestic", nor peak at 100', but the trusty old swamp willows will just have to do...!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ