Topband: Back again

Merv Schweigert k9fd at flex.com
Mon Dec 29 12:37:29 EST 2008

Sorry to say I missed the Stew,  missed some DX and missed
being on.
Caught some type of nasty bug on a trip to Honolulu that laid
me up for a couple weeks.  Usually flu etc does not stop top
band operating but this was nasty,  in bed most of the time and
just too weak to sit in the shack.  Happy to say its finally passing
and I am getting back to top band.
One indicator is that my new K3 has sat in the box,  not even
opened for almost 3 weeks now,  I hope today to get it on
the ESD mat and start assembly.

The band last nite seemed to be fair,  heard the normal beacon signals
out of EU with decent signals,  this AM sunrise was not as good
as I expected,  but there were some good signals on.  E77DX,
OM3DX, A61Q,  A71EM,  JD1BLY, of course UA9MA always
booming in.  UT7MW and US7MM,   lot of QSB on the band
but seemed that there may have been lack of activity.
Probably people resting after the Stew.
Any case sure glad to be back on the band,  KH7C QSL cards are
being printed and should be out in Jan.  So anyone that has sent
direct QSL for KH7C I will reply as soon as the cards are in hand.
All K9FD/KH6 cards are replied to and I have 1500 QSLs going
to the bureau in the next week.   LOTW is updated about a week
or so ago,  if your not in the LOTW let me know as I have had
some errors in the ADIF program I use to convert the log.  It
occasionally drops a letter or two from a call sign.  E-mail and I
will look into it.  Happy New Year to all and may 2009 be a
real band buster.
73 Merv KH7C    (K9FD/KH6)