Topband: RX power splitter

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Feb 7 12:15:10 EST 2008

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 07:44:41 -0500, Pete Smith wrote:

>I am looking for a passive hybrid splitter that would let me feed two
>receivers from a single source with losses as small as reasonably possible,
>and good isolation between output ports,  without resorting to additional
>amplification.  There are inexpensive passive splitters readily available
>for cable TV and internet applications that are rated from 5 to 1000 MHz at
>-3.7 dB per output port, but I would love to find one that would work down
>to 160m.

MiniCircuits has exactly what you want, in MANY variations. Very good quality
stuff. They sell through their own rep network, I think. I've used them in pro
applications to split antennas for wireless mics in the VHF and UHF spectrum.
Their catalog is online. You're looking for power splitters. The ZFSC-2-1-75 is
good for .25-300 MHz. $46 in my very old catalog.

www.minicircuits.com

You can also build your own resistive splitters for the cost of the connectors
and enclosure. They'll have more loss and much less isolation.

73,

Jim K9YC