Topband: Overcoming QRN

Dennis W0JX w0jx at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 17 12:24:23 EST 2008

The K9AY is very useful in reducing QRN. That is what I used Tuesday night/Wednesday morning to work VP6DX through the lightening crashes.

  Another antenna to try is a beverage on the ground (BOG).

  I also have the 1000mp Mark v here. I find that the lowest setting "A" on the EDSP often helps reduce the QRN severity. You have to experiment quite a bit with the DSP settings but they can be useful.

  73, Dennis W0JX/8
  Milan, Ohio