Topband: 160M Daylight QSO's - Conclusion

Lee K7TJR k7tjr at msn.com
Mon Jan 14 14:21:25 EST 2008

Exciting, I heard my first daylight top-band signal with neither station in the darkness during these tests. W8JI and I were trying on schedule and I can report no results from 2130 miles away. I did however here K8IA calling Tom at this time. He was about 10 to 15dB out of my noise. I called K8IA but no reply K8IA is about 920 miles from my qth if I calculated correctly. I just downloaded a Grid calculator and this was first time to use it. Only once I heard a half second few characters of CW on a QSB peak that may or may not have been W8JI.
   Thanks for the tests   Lee K7TJR Oregon  CN94jm...