Topband: I.C.E. lightning protective device

David Raymond daraymond at iowatelecom.net
Fri Jun 20 20:48:16 EDT 2008

As a follow up to the recent discussion of the capacitance value in Polyphaser HF protective devices (two each .01 uFd/500v in parallel), I made a technical query with I.C.E. as to the capacitance in their 303U HF 8Kw device (the next smallest device is only 1KW).  I.C.E. responded today saying that their device is basically "a wide-range blocking capacitor bank, 13,600 pf, or .0135 micro-farads, 3KV rated."

73. . .Dave
W0FLS