Topband: Radials

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri May 16 10:53:55 EDT 2008

On Thu, 15 May 2008 21:06:18 -0700 (PDT), rick darwicki wrote:

>I found 75' of wire and was considering cutting it into three pieces
>and spreading them out as far from the horizontal portion as possible.

Thanks to copper speculators, wire is no longer cheap, but it still
costs a LOT less than a power amp (or the electricity to run the amp).
Use what you have, but don't stop at 75 ft of "found" wire -- beg,
borrow, or steal some more. Go to a hamfest. Go to an electronics
surplus store. Scrounge in your mother-in-law's basement. Cut up old
power cords. More is better. :)

73,

Jim K9YC