Topband: Boring Morning Report

Tree tree at kkn.net
Sat Nov 22 14:23:27 EST 2008

Was playing poker last night - so no Europe for me.

That is - unless I can snag someone in the morning.  Set the alarm for
about 6 AM (one hour before sunrise) - get on 1831.5 and call CQ and
instantly answerd by UT3UA.  After about 7 minutes - I have a pileup
and have to go split!!!  This feels like I am in HC8 or something.

Put 27 calls in the log - 3 of them from Asia.  Worked UT, UA3, SP,
ES, SM, YL, OH, LA and UA9/0.  This is exactly the kind of openings I
remember from 11 years ago.

Just hoping this will happen during one of the upcoming contests!!!

Sample audio here:

http://www.kkn.net/~tree/160/EUInAM-22-Nov-08.mp3

I understand from K7TJR that the opening started around 1300Z - so I will
try to get up earlier tomorrow.

Tree N6TR/7
Boring, OR

PS: I saw W7LR active on the Topband chat page this AM - so he is back
home and must be doing okay.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you Bob!