Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 71, Issue 26

K3vw at aol.com K3vw at aol.com
Sat Nov 22 14:53:55 EST 2008

SM6CPY- Carl, I had the same problem about 30 years ago on a aluminum wire
beverage, about 1000' long. It was fed and terminated properly, but because the
 wire was bare, it picked up so much snow static when it starting snowing, I
had  to dis-continue using it until it stopped snowing ! I told a friend of
mine,  Tom, W8JI about it and he said that was impossible to happen but it did !
I  cured the problem by putting up covered wire, a plastic covering. Have not
heard  the snow static again, and that was 30 years ago !   Willy    K3VW