Topband: WD-1A 2-way Beverage

W5UN w5un at wt.net
Sat Nov 22 15:19:36 EST 2008

Is anyone here using WD-!A wire for a bi-directional Beverage having
success? I notice that mine performs very good in the forward
direction, but has severely reduced gain in the reverse direction.  I
would like to hear if others are experiencing this reduced gain in
reverse direction. I did not notice this with my old 2
wire  bi-directional Beverages (which I replaced with the WD-!A wire).

I am not sure I am setting up correctly. MY measured SWR is good
(less than 1.5) in both directions through 10 mHz.  Any thoughts will
be appreciated. I am closely following the ON4UN Antenna Book design
and am in agreement with Tom, OH2BEN' who is using the same design.

Dave, W5UN