Topband: Antenna orientation

Gary Smith Gary at doctorgary.net
Thu Oct 2 13:10:02 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm in New England and am preparing a K9AY antenna. My main interest
is in recieving DX.

I just looked at the great circle to decide which way to orient the
loops. Going due west looks to go over much of the pacific islands &
East through central Africa. North gets east asia & south gets South
america.

With the loops set up this way though, Looking at 45 degrees or NE
it's dead on to Europe & the Middle East. I wonder if receiving in
that direction will be a problem?

Sure would be nice to have a four loop option but that's not in the
cards for now so with the two loops, anyone who chases dx with this
antenna have a suggestion as to my optimum orientation for DX on 160
with this antenna?

Thanks

Gary