Topband: Beverage Transformer Question

Stan Stockton stan at aqity.org
Sun Oct 19 07:46:22 EDT 2008

I have always had single-wire beverages using a binocular core transformer.  Want to try an end fire array using W8JI method of crossfire phasing.  Having not paid any attention to which wire on the primary of the transformers I have made went to the center conductor of the coax and which one went to the shield or which wire of the secondary went to the beverage and which one went to ground, have I been hit or miss on something?  How do you wind two transformers and know that you are wiring one with a 180 degree flip as opposed to the other one?

Would appreciate it if someone could help me out on this.

Thanks...Stan, K5GO