Topband: Beverage grounds

Dennis W0JX w0jx at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 22:38:47 EDT 2008

At my location in Northern Ohio, I found that a good ground at both ends of a reversible beverage is extremely important. At first I used a single five foot long copper pipe at each end. My results in the reverse direction did not seem very good as far as front to back.

I added a second, five foot rod at the far end and F/B improved. I have since standardized on three, five foot rods at each end, one in the center and one on each side, 90 degrees to the wire, spaced at 5 feet (i.e., the spread of the three rods is 10 feet). They are connected together by #10 solid copper wire.

The above system gives me a stable ground that does not seem to change with the seasons.

73, Dennis W0JX/8
Milan, OH