Topband: KG4 on topband

ABowenN4OO abowen at nettally.com
Fri Apr 17 04:07:33 PDT 2009

At 01:56 PM 4/16/2009, you wrote:

>A few days ago someone asked about getting KG4CN to 160.
>
>I'm not sure if that means the antenna is fixed or not, but I thought I'd
>share what I heard.
>
>73
>Tom NI1N
If he was operating from the club station and if the club station is
still in the same old location, there is a power distribution
substation about 150 yards away. Arcing and other buzzing noises
preclude any weak signal work on 160. There are also a number of
appliance noises coming from adjacent buildings.

N4TO (now sk) and I could not work much of anything on topband except
loud stateside signals when we operated there 10 years ago. I built
rotatable loop, but the noise could not be nulled, being so close by.

INK N4OO