Topband: Different Power Line noise thread

Price Smith w0rihps at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 2 08:37:58 PST 2009

since it's been raining and still is wet out, he didn't
 think it was power line related, but, he would make a ticket and be coming
out
 next week to search for it.

 I'm confused, is he saying that all power line noise stops when it gets
wet?

 GB & 73
 K5OAI
 Sam Morgan

Sam,

I think that someone spiked his Oatmeal.
I have seen my line noise come and go when it is raining and when it is dry.

I had one from the power company shut the power coming to my house and the
noise was
still there.

I had a friend in St. Petersburg FL, W0CSZ (SK).  ALL the power for miles
was underground.
Bob had ZERO noise. You could hear Europe on 160 loud using his 20 meter
beam.

73 Price W0RI