Topband: insulated vs:bare radial wires

Larry lrpmbt at comcast.net
Sat Dec 5 04:39:18 PST 2009

Being on a small lot, I faced a problem of having enough radials to make the Battle Creek Special work. My feedpoint is inside the dog fence with 4 #12 insulated radials going outside the dog enclosure, then 8 #19 insulated radials fanning out from each #12 in all different directions and lengths. I cannot put any radials to the south. This system worked well, however I then added 600 sqft of chicken wire bonded a the feedpoint and the end of the #12 radials to cover the ground inside the dog enclosure then covered with burlap and let the fall leaves cover the burlap. My radials are also bonded to the chain link fence. So far I can work any station  I can hear. As of yet I have not zapped the dog!
               Larry W8VVG