Topband: 4SQ Question

Tim Duffy K3LR k3lr at k3lr.com
Sat Dec 5 11:03:01 PST 2009

Hello Dave:

I am using two four squares for 80 meters. They are spaced 5/8 wavelength
apart (broadside to Europe). There is 3 dB additional gain with two 4
squares compared to one. They are each fed with 3/4 wavelength of 50 ohm
cable. The 25 ohm junction feedpoint is raised to 50 ohms with a 1/4
wavelength section of RG-83 (35 ohms) coaxial cable.

Performance is outstanding.

73!
Tim K3LR