Topband: Re insulated vs:bare radial wires/Chicke Wire

Dan Edward Dba East edwards dan.n.edwards at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 5 16:18:29 PST 2009

thats interesting.

i remember what W2FMI (recent SK) said a LONG time ago (Rest in Peace)
(i bet he's laying out radials upstairs....and using lossless components now)

regarding galvanized steel for radials, something like

"unless the material are free and your time is worth nothing, DONT DO IT..."

something about rusted steel being worse than nothing.

i know some guys over desert sand like chicken wire, and have thought about here
for a limited real estate application. with our acidic soil in east texas, i'd bet
chicken wire would be a pile of rust in just a few months...too bad they dont
make the stuff out of copper...

73, w5xz, dan, longview texas