Topband: QSL AND BROADBAND

CRAIG CLARK jcclark at wildblue.net
Thu Feb 26 12:21:08 PST 2009

"Someone mailed me and said "I have no time to qsl". That?s rubbish. I get
a pile of cards every month and it takes me abou 1-2 hours to reply the
cards (from DL, 9A etc.). If you have time to be on the air you should
also have time to qsl."

I QSL 100% of the cards I get directly and I usually send the green stamps
back. I also try to QSL the cards I get from the Bureau for 160 meters. I do
not have time to QSL every contest contact I make.

"PS I?m not going to join Lotw. My qth is in a rural area and the telecom
has not yet succeeded in broadbanding that area (the US guys might reflect
on this matter - the rest of the world is not USA)
73 Carl SM6CPY"

Do what I have to do Carl, get a satellite based high speed connection. I am
in rural NH and our ex-local Telco, Verizon, ignored us for years. Our new
telco, Fairpoint, said ADSL in Q4 2009. With the downturn in the economy and
our ice storm in December, it may be another year or two. The cable company
cherry picked roads and only wired part of the town.

Craig, K1QX