Topband: No DX Window in 2009 CQ 160

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jan 16 12:28:31 EST 2009

         Regarding DX windows, please note in the new
CQ 160 rules below, THERE IS NO DX WINDOW.  I hope all QRG
police will read the rules before they start anonymously
sending "WINDOW" on top of stations.  I personally feel
this was a very good move because the previous window
was abused by stations in NA and EU working all comers,
whether they were intercontinental or not.  Unless the
contest sponsor was willing to delete intra-continental
QSOs in the window (i.e. NA>NA or EU>EU), the abuse was
very likely to continue and benefit only those who chose
to break the intercontinental aspect of the old rule.

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV

2009 CQ 160 Rules:

http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/160_Rules_2009.pdf