Topband: CQ 160 weird ideas

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Jan 16 14:43:41 EST 2009

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 19:25:48 +0100, Lars Harlin wrote:

>generally I dont think, as someone else also said, that split mix
>well with contesting.

I strongly agree, and I won't work a station who is working split
mode in a contest EXCEPT when there are national frequency allocation
issues that require the split (like 40M SSB). VP6DX was working split
for much of a contest last year, and burning lots of the band with
their pileup. I passed them up until later in the contest when they
finally returned to their TX frequency.

I DO strongly support a change in scoring rules that encourages east
coast stations to listen to the west, and that allows stations
outside the Atlantic basin to be competitive.

73,

Jim K9YC