Topband: CQ 160 weird ideas

f8bpn f8bpn at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jan 16 17:28:09 EST 2009

Hi Tree, Hi all,

Agree with Mark ON4WW, for the same reasons I don't think it is a good idea
to use split .
And about what was suggesting Ken K4XL :

How about limiting North American stations to "search and pounce" below
1.850 and CQing above 1.850?  That ought to significantly reduce the QRM
that bothers the West Coast working into Europe to a much more tolerable
level.

What about the countries limited from 1810 to 1850 kHz?  They just keep
their fingers crossed that all US stations hear them when they "search and
pounce" ?
A lot of  stations are already calling above 1850 kHz, and never come below,
so we can't expect to work them even they have a nice signal. It is already
enough frustrating...

About the DX window I don't really know if this is effective and usefull,
and the problem is to know who is the DX and for who. When there is a DX
some where on the band it is just as easy to find it as if he was in the "DX
window".

Hope to work some west coast any way, I still need a few states over there
(OR, CA, ID, ND, and HI) I worked 1 station from WA and SD, but still not
confirmed the QSO.
See you in the CQ 160!

73/88 de F8BPN, Mau
f8bpn at wanadoo.fr