Topband: Claiming 160m DXCC - Sending QSLs

Carl K9LA k9la at gte.net
Mon May 25 06:36:35 PDT 2009

Peter,

>I finally worked my 100th 160m DXCC entity ( JW/SM0MDG) and received my prized QSL card.

Congratulations!

>As far as I am aware 160m cards are not eligible for field checking and must be submitted to ARRL HQ. I feel a bit uneasy about parting with my valued cards, what is the best (SAFEST) way of sending my cards to and from Newington.

160m cards (along with deleted entities) may be checked at conventions
when the appropriate ARRL personnel are in attendance. Friedrichshafen
in June offers this service, as does the RSGB 2009 Convention (formerly
known as the HF Convention) on 9-11 October. There are others, too
(Italy, for example). If you're going to attend one of these
conventions, then take your cards there and you don't have to worry
about sending cards to Newington.

Carl K9LA
DXCC Card Checker
Central Division