Topband: 160 m activity from 9L

Ned Stearns aa7a at cox.net
Sat Nov 7 08:01:01 PST 2009

Topbanders,

Just a short note to let you know that there will be some activity on 160
meters from the Voodoo Contest Group before and after the CQWW DX CW Contest
coming up in a few weeks. For several reasons, we do not have our usual
"pile of stuff" (e.g. no Titanix and array of flag antennas) this year and
will be operating more field day-style. We will be using a sloper suspended
from the roof of our 5-story hotel out towards the ocean. As usual, this is
primarily a contest operation and our principle interest is to compete and
win in the CQWW Contest but the team is staffed with passionate LF DXers, as
well. We will be operating outside of the contest with either my callsign,
9L7NS, or one of the other VooDude operator callsigns and we will sign 9L5A
in the contest. If all goes well, we will be QRV 23 Nov and will try to stay
active for one or two days after the contest.

Good luck to all! See you on Topband.

Ned
AA7A
9L7NS