Topband: How do we get more people on Topband?

Michael Brown k9mi at comcast.net
Sat Oct 17 20:34:44 PDT 2009

Not really more encouraging, Alan. But I have put up 160m antennas on my
postage stamp sized lot, and they were just enough to learn why the guys
with enough land, vertical antennas, listening antennas and amplifiers are
so enthusiatic about Topband.

I don't have any of my zig zag specials up this year, as I decided to sell
my hf rig to catch up some on doctor bills. But an 8 mile drive and I can go
to the local club and maybe work a few 160 cw contest this season.. Not
really a great 160 setup there either, but enough to get on the air and give
out some points.

73 - Mike K9MI