Topband: BCB Filter (related to Antenna Analyzer question)

Ian Wade G3NRW g3nrw at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 18 22:30:23 PDT 2009

From: Rick Karlquist <richard at karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009   Time: 13:03:58

 >And yes, I do get a lot of exercise doing the calibration.  I recently
 >acquired a lap top so I can locate the AIM4170 out at the antenna.
 >I had quite a bit of trouble getting the USB to serial port adapter
 >to work with the AIM4170, but eventually got a special driver file
 >that worked on my lap top at least.
 >
 >Rick N6RK

Hi Rick,

If your antenna is within wifi range of your shack, you could try
running the laptop to remotely control the AIM4170, which remains in the
shack. Full details here:

<http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/AIM4170/Remote%20AIM%20Control%20HOWT
O%20-%20090106.pdf>

It certainly saves a lot of walking and putting on/taking off of muddy
boots!

Ian, G3NRW