Topband: Top Band

rick darwicki n6pe at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 16:09:05 PDT 2009

We can probably get more people on 160 if it wasn't only during a contest that someone was on the band. Many nights it is open, but void of signals.

I do the 160 thing from a noisy area with a 35' height limit and have over 70 countries so far. No beverages or big transmit antenna, just luck and timing the QSB.

If you are on the band you have probably also beat yourself up working QRP hi hi
(My No. is 3322)

I remember working 160 from a big So Cal contest station. I was running JAs like it was 10 meters with sunspots. That just takes all the FUN out of 160 hi hi

If you love staying up late or getting up early, you will love 160.

Happy gray line.

Rick, N6PE