Topband: LZ1ANA QSLing

Rick Stealey rstealey at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 30 12:56:37 PDT 2009

My XYL is from LZ land.  I've been there twice.  We send mail there all the time, and I can tell you this much - if the mail looks like it contains something of value, and the mail is not insured (requiring a signature) , there is a good chance the envelope will arrive empty, the package opened, etc.
My educated guess is the word has gotten around that Andy receives mail from foreign address that often contains money.  A good wage is about $200 a month so you can see how that relates to the value of a QSL card.  Andy is protecting your investment by establishing a US address to deal with.

Rick  K2XT