Topband: Marconi update

WY7I WY7I at EARTHLINK.NET
Sat Sep 19 14:19:00 PDT 2009

First, let me thank all of you for your comments on my T top Marconi. I
really appreciate it!

I'd like to add a few notes to the discussion:

1. I am located at least 100 miles from any BC station of any kind. I'm
at 8400' ASL on a mountain ridge, miles from anywhere.
2. I am quite suspect of the analyzer at this point. I am discussing
this with Palstar.
3. I plan to run 1.5KW into this antenna. That's why I got the larger
toroids.
4. About 3pm every day now, we get severe lightning and thundershowers,
so I have abandoned holding on to wires out there (for today) for fear
of becoming a ground rod.

When I get some more _good_ information, I will pass it along.

Thanks again,

Paul
WY7I
DM67PD