Topband: FO8RZ on top band

f5phw at free.fr f5phw at free.fr
Sat Sep 19 21:27:56 PDT 2009

Hello everybody.

First, I would like to thanks all the persons who answered my question on this reflector.

Then, this is some news !

1/I have installed 160 meters kit on the HF6V.

2/Like everybody told me, I put some radials with differents lenght. It's really not easy to put as radials as I want, because the antenna is on the front of the house ...
I have 8 radials for 40 m (1/4 lenght for 40 m) and 1 about 30 meters and another 15 meters.
I will try to put more again.

3/I tested this yesterday night. I was sneding CQ, but nobody replied ! An evidence !
After a little advertising on the cluster, I had QSO with VK3ZL Bob.
I have also been heard by a JA station and TI8II heard me but I did not receive him.

So, first impression are good but not excellent !
I am very surprised to have been heard in JA !!!

I will try to put more radials.

If it's not correct, I will try to install an inverted L between 2 trees, but the garden is not big.

I have max between the two trees : 23 meters
I have max high : 8 meters !

4/Please, may be some of you asked me on the cluster for skeds. For the moment, I am just testing my rig on 160. When it will be OK, I will run, but for now, please stop asking me all the time. I can understand that FO is rare on 160.

Thanks again to everybody.

All the best 73 from Tahiti

FO8RZ Phil

http://f5phw.chez.com/