Topband: Conditions on 160 tonight

Tom Haavisto kamham69 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 19:36:54 PDT 2009

Being fairly new to 160, there is something I noticed that I have not seen
mentioned previously.  After fall equinox a few days ago, the low bands have
gotten a lot quieter and a lot better.  Just worked I3MLU (559) and UA3TCJ
(589).

What makes this interesting is that I am a lot further west that most people
realize - just above Wisconsin, almost at the Wisconsin/Minnesota border.
Thunder Bay is on the western shore of Lake Superior - I am 30 miles west of
there.  Pretty much in the middle of Canada.  Antenna is an inverted L
hanging off a 48 foot tower, running a KW.

Looks like we are in store for another great year on 160!

Tom - VE3CX