Topband: Band coming alive

Art K6XT k6xt at arrl.net
Fri Aug 27 22:49:35 PDT 2010

Not that this will help much with the usual
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK reports since those sigs are
often 20dB into the noise.

Some of us which includes me will be running a SDR and CW Skimmer on the
low bands this season. First lowband season for mine. The SDR is
connected to a lousy low band ant but at least its connected and hears
stuff. Any interested party can log into reversebeacon.net to see what
my SDR hears and relatively how well. Might be off in contests, TBA
whether the SDR ant is far enough from the low band tx GP when QRO.
Otherwise its on as long as its PC is running.

reversebeacon.net: Look for entries from XYL's call W0MOE.

73 Art
Allison, Colorado
Indecision is the key to Flexibility!