Topband: Band coming alive

Björn Mohr bm at broadcast.se
Sun Aug 29 02:53:41 PDT 2010

On 28 aug 2010, at 07.49, Art K6XT wrote:

> Some of us which includes me will be running a SDR and CW Skimmer on the
> low bands this season. First lowband season for mine. The SDR is
> connected to a lousy low band ant but at least its connected and hears
> stuff. Any interested party can log into reversebeacon.net to see what
> my SDR hears and relatively how well.

I have my SDR running on 160 starting tonight if anyone likes to see if signals reach into SM. It uses a Clifton Labs active RX antenna in rural/quiet environment. You can follow the spots on reversebeacon.net, quick link to my spots here: http://tinyurl.com/2wootzl. It  might be on 10 meters in daylight, but on Topband in local nighttime.

I have no TX antenna up yet, working out the details for the 2010/2011 vertical now. See you all when its up in late September.

73 de Björn,
SM0MDG
SE0X