Topband: RE :Prefered Topband trx

jonathan white jonathan.white20 at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 10 07:17:07 PST 2010

Hi Gerry and everyone who has asked about Flex/power SDR.
Although I am interested in topband DX, it has to be SSB.The reason is I
have a problem with brain damage due to childhood illness which has in
digital terms scrambled my left A/D converter! so listening to CW  I
cant latch on to decode the signal and decoders are cheating hi.
Now what I have found is that the RX has a very low noise floor, the
filtering is excellent and in CW mode you can hear very weak
signals.down side noise blanker,is not brilliant,the pseudo stereo is
useful and the transmitted audio is always given good comments,and thats
with the processor in,So yes its worked for me .
I don’t have big antennas just a capacity loaded vertical dipole held up
in a tree, 45` vertical section,its got me State side and into  far
Eastern Europe on last CQWW 160 Bash,great fun.
Regards & Merry Xmas.
Jon G8CCL.