Topband: Narrow Filtering

Edward Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Wed Feb 3 10:35:29 PST 2010

On Wednesday, George wrote:

"...BTW, great conditions Friday night: lowest noise I've heard in a long
time. Did anybody else experience lower than usual noise levels?"

Hi George,

I essentially parked my keester on one frequency & let my high tech(!)
continuous loop automatic keyer cassette player ("CQ Test De VE3CUI") do all
of the work for me...

But it did tell a tale in that I logged far more west coast stations in the
first half of the contest than in the second. I attributed this simply to
better propagation---I don't recall noting any significant increase in noise
level the second night (not at this end, anyway).

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ