Topband: gamma matched tower

john jb at beaumonts.karoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 12 15:58:41 PST 2010

Thanks to all who responded to my questions recently on gamma matching and top loading vertical T antennas. I just wondered after reading another article on gamma wire spacing what the general opinion is regarding wire size and spacing from the tower. I have at the moment twin speaker cable 2x2.5mm multistranded copper spaced about 3ft from the tower. Disreagrding the matching, is it more efficient to have the wire closer or further away from the tower, I have also prepared some supports and cut some heavy duty cable ready to make a 3 wire triangular shaped cage (As in DXing on the edge K1ZM adopted).
I just wondered if it would make any difference before I take the tower down again.

73 John G4eim