Topband: Winter Ground rods

Bruce k1fz at myfairpoint.net
Thu Jan 14 14:26:42 PST 2010

Masonry bits are available to 18" length.  Herman & Central, custom makes
bits to 42 inches but gets excpensive.
Rcommend check your local equipment rental stores to see what is available
for your area.

In the 1960's near to a Maine QTH,  hot water did not work well as it froze
rapidly in the heavily frozen earth.
I can not picture myself carrying hot water through the woods to a Beverage
antenna far end. Its the drill or I'd rather wait till springtime.
73 Bruce