Topband: bidirectional beverage VS not terminating beverage

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 05:02:56 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:37 AM, Mike Waters W0BTU
<mrscience65704 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Most of them are of a very heavy branch (that fell out of the top of a large tree during freak winds last May) that landed near one end of the NE-SW Beverage. That gives you some idea of just how strong that galvanized electric fence wire is! Ladder line would have broke, I'm sure. I could not push on the branch and lift it one inch, it was so heavy.

No reason for Ladder line to break if you secure the ladder line to
the supports using a break-away mounting.  I use light duty plastic
tie-wraps around the ladder line, leaving the ladder line free to
slide and allowing the tie-wraps to break easily with a few pounds of
force.  They're cheap and replaced easily in a matter of seconds.

73,
Barry N1EU