Topband: Beverages

Jon Zaimes AA1K jz73 at verizon.net
Fri Jul 16 04:43:05 PDT 2010

Hi John,

Your note came just in time! I canceled the real estate deal to extend
my Bevs!!!

Actually this past winter I was able to extend a "worthless" broadside
pair of 720-footers on Europe, spaced only 200 feet, to 950 feet long
and they really started to play. It's now my best Rx antenna to Europe
-- beating out a stagger pair of 750-footers and the original stagger
pair of 535-footers. There are of course high-angle times when the
shorter ones are best.

Another broadside pair of 935-footers, spaced only 175 feet, has been a
killer to JA for several years.

73/Jon AA1K