Topband: grounded tower detuning

Lee K7TJR k7tjr at msn.com
Wed Mar 3 21:55:28 PST 2010

    Hi Gary.   Although I have not had the opportunity to
 implement a tower detuning, I have given it a bit of
 thought and wonder if this idea would  work.
      You say you already have a Gamma rod which
 makes me think you also have a simple series matching
 capacitor to your feedline. I would think that relay contacts
 in that drop line  could select either your matching
 capacitor during transmit or another added detuning
 capacitor to radial ground during receive. Hopefully
 resonating a small section of the tower. YMMV
Lee  K7TJR   OR