Topband: Sudden increase in topband noise levels..

Robert Briggs vk3zl at bigpond.com
Wed Mar 10 17:04:58 PST 2010

Thank's all for the pm's etc regarding the 160 meter noise level....Some
good advice and some rather more drastic measures....I can assure you I
would happily shoot the noisy device to put it out of my misery, however
shooting the owner may cause me more problems...(:-> ....I will have to
look for one of those MFJ noise cancelling devices or better yet if
anybody has a workable circuit diagram I could build one....dratted
noise chased me all over the band last night but I was able to make a
good few US, JA  and VE contacts before I gave up in frustration....I
have thought about trying a coaxial loop but don't have a lot of faith
there..

I will soldier on as usual...My motto is I won't be beat....

Bob..VK3ZL..