Topband: suitable wire for top loading wires?-spud gun

Mike & Coreen Smith ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Wed Mar 17 18:07:37 PDT 2010

I'd love to see plans for that Spud Gun, Gary (or anyone)/.....I've been
using a fishing rod for years but it's not entirely accurate and I've been
"caught up" in the tops of trees more than once.  I usually try to use some
rocks taped to the end of my monofilament in case I have to yank and break
it free.......then the rock drops to the ground.  A spud gun sounds like the
bees-knees.
(and I could harmlessly target practice on the hoards of deer in the back
field when not working on antennas! ;-) J/K )
Mike ve9aa
.
,,,SNIP...
I forget which month that Spud Gun was explained in QST, it was 1-2
years ago. I made one just like in the magazine but then I fiddled
with the valve and made it a bit better. I then ordered a larger
valve from Ebay. Either would work but I wanted a heavy duty version
that would be sure to do anything I would ever ask of it. Minus the
monofilament, that sucker would take down a deer at 300'...

73,
Gary
KA1J