Topband: Resonating a 160 Meter Vertical

Larry lknain at nc.rr.com
Sat Oct 2 05:43:34 PDT 2010

Seems like ON4UN in his LowBand DXing book used an omega match for shunt fed
towers
where the natural reasonance was below the band: a series capacitor from the
feed line to the
feed point and a shunt capacitor across the feed point. I haven't tried it
yet. Values looked to be
in the 300pf range depending on how far out of the band to the point of
reasonance. (From
memory). There may be other schemes that work as well.

73, Larry  W6NWS