Topband: Topband coming alive at last....

Robert Briggs vk3zl at bigpond.com
Fri Sep 24 17:00:53 PDT 2010

Hi all, September has seen Topband spring to life at last...Conditions
have been really great across the Pacific....I have made dozens of
contacts, many new US callsigns appearing in my log along with the usual
operators...I really appreciate the effort of many of the weaker
stations and I try to resolve signals on the edge of my noise...Patience
is the key and many are getting their first contact with VK..As I only
QSL direct through the post, I make every effort to return a card in
reply as soon as I receive them..

Last night, 24th Sept conditions were exceptional with 51 DX contacts
logged in the space of 2 hours..I am hoping that these conditions
continue for a few more weeks...Once daylight saving starts here, I will
start my early pre sunrise dxing to the West, Europe Middle East, UK
etc..The band already appears to be favoring that path earlier than
usual..This means of course I can only operate the Pacific path in my
evenings until 12:00z as I must get some sleep...Wish I was younger and
could burn the candle both ends..However I am sure I will still find a
few early risers in the East US...

Thanks to all who expend the effort keeping Topband alive..Let's all
hope that we have some good and interesting dx over the next few years...

73..de Bob..VK3ZL..