Topband: Zero Beat

Steven Raas sjraas at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 19:03:25 PST 2011

Charlie & Mark,

Im glad This is brought up.. One thing I use when chasing weak sig dx is a
audio pan adapter so to speak ( DM780 ) I see the tone QRG of the RX sig
and my Side tone .. which is adjustable and is my TX tone adjust. I will be
the 1st to admit I dident even think of using it durring the 160 Test.. I
will now employ that for Stew. As my ears are not what they used to be.. I
can surely be off an EASY 20-100 hz depending on how my noise level/qrm
is.. This is one way I can surely improve. I will also check to be 100%
sure that the tone adjustment on the front of my rig is infact working
properly, and that My side tone is my actual TX tone on dial QRG.

In addition.. Im now looking for CW filters for my rig.. Ive gone far FAR
too long w/o em and have used the CW VBT on my TS-940S with all be it great
results...just not quite good enough for crowded band condx.

-Steve Raas
N2JDQ