Topband: ARRL 160 conditions

k6xt k6xt at k6xt.com
Sun Dec 4 21:09:55 PST 2011

Same boat here. Many callers up to a half kc off freq. Whether I worked
them or my compatriot CQer nearby is sometimes a guess.

The directional rx antennas were sometimes a pain, sometimes the
solution. I often found myself listening on the tx vertical just to
eliminate the directivity issue into USA...but then the issue is missing
a weak one as others noted.

No perfect solution.

BTW listening in the 30-35 segment was frustrating. What DX was there
had competition from US CQrs who didn't read the contest rules page, and
from a host of packet spot aficionados who couldn't hear their neighbors
much less the DX.

--
73 Art K6XT~~
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm.