Topband: ARRL 160M Test Comments

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Dec 7 18:23:04 PST 2011

On 12/7/2011 6:15 PM, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> The flavour of the comments seems to be distilled as - the rules make it so we (west coast) cannot realistically win - so we may as
> well not come and play.  Huh?

The problem, Jeff, is that we're not even in the same contest!  Superb
operators at super-stations out here get beat by a factor of 10:1 by
equivalent operators and stations on the east coast. But more to the
point -- the scoring rules cause east coast guys to not want to work us
because we aren't worth the trouble as compared to working EU.

73, Jim K9YC